Saturday, September 8, 2012

Rrrrrrrrrolling

A few weeks ago I read an article in Tofugu that simply blew me away. GIF stands for Graphic Interchange Format. Gifs were something I never liked. Usually they look awful; used frequently for advertising pop-ups. In fact, I never paid much attention to them until I read about rolling. There are artists who have taken the gif format and turned it into something beautiful. Here is the link to the article. I highly suggest you check it out: http://www.tofugu.com/2012/08/11/japanese-gif-artists-keep-rrrrrrrrolling-along/

So here is my attempt at rolling. I took a sake set that I bought in an antique mall and rolled them on my kitchen counter. I hope you enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I do enjoy and shall also be attempting to apply the concept to my website as it grows and develops. Thanks for sharing this insight.

    Also actually like the GIF format as it preserves transparency so you you can cleanly overlay an image onto a webpage with ease and a clean look. Very nice with the modern web building tools we have so that a person like me who knows Photoshop can make nice sites without having to study in depth HTML....

    Also, amusing that googles captcha phrases seem to recognize the person I am? Kind of freaking me out a little...

    ReplyDelete